General Electric Chief Accountant & Lead Controller in Hai Phong, Vietnam
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Hiring manager is responsible to report to his/her direct manager, HR department and GE legal consult in the event that his/ her family members or friends apply for a job at his/her department. GE Company encourage GE Employees to introduce talents to GE. However, self-interviewing or self-recruiting their family members or closed friends to become his/her direct reporters are not allowed in order to avoid any conflict of interest risks for both of GE Employee and introduced talents.
Demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. Integrate and develop processes that meet business needs for new business startup in the region. Involved in long-term planning. This role contributes to the overall strategy and manages complex issues within functional areas and area of expertise.
· Effectively translate specific financial-guidelines (GE, GAAP, VAS, stat., etc.) into practical business solutions.
· Work with Infrastructure businesses global controller team to plan and advise overall financial controllership structure, including organization, system, and process control procedures.
· Ensure the accuracy of the organization's financial results by recognizing and preventing misrepresentation, concealment, or omission of information.
· Establish appropriate financial process routines and controls to identify activities that may cause the misstatement of financial position.
· Use knowledge of financial transactions and accounting to ensure reasonableness of finance-specific business metrics.
· Proactively identify new accounting standards applicable to the business and develop appropriate implementation strategy.
· Lead Energy internal site review process along with the self-assessment process. Responsible for internal & external audits.
· Work effectively with business leaders to proactively drive key initiatives to successful conclusion.
. Manage and Responsible for Controllership team
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
· At least 7 years of experience in a variety of accounting position and/or manufactures with at least 2 in a controllership role.
· Good knowledge of international accounting (GAAP)
· Knowledge of Vietnamese accounting system
· Strong oral and written communication skills both Vietnamese & English.
· Multi-national business experience and/or Construction Industry experience is a plus
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· High energy level, mature, independent and result-oriented, process-oriented and willing to drive change
· Superior computer skills, particular in Excel. Being familiar with accounting softwares like Oracle, ACCPAC, and SAP…is preferred.
Locations: Viet Nam; Hai Phong
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.