Hilton Food and Beverage Operations Manager in Da Nang City, Vietnam
Functions as the strategic business leader of the property’s food, beverage operations, including restaurants, bars, room service and banquet events. The position oversees the development and implementation of departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service and initiatives. To ensure the food and beverage operation meets the customer needs, ensuring team member satisfaction and focuses on growing revenues and maximizing the financial performance of the department. Developing and implementing property-wide strategies that delivers products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the owners, to ensure return on investment for both owners and Hilton alike.
At Hilton, our promise is “to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected” , which means we need you to live our Hilton Values and embrace our Hilton Blue Energy Culture which you will be shared and trained when you join us.
What will I be doing?
As an F&B Operation Manager, you are responsible for managing F&B service department to deliver an excellent guest experience and follow Hilton standards. You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Have a good understanding and ensure the team understanding of the Hotel’s emergency procedures, Hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation and ensure implementation of those related to your department;
- Develop the department procedures and standards; ensure the implementation all department procedures and standards.
- Have knowledge of the hotel, its services/facilities; ensure Team Members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, and policies;
- Oversee the entire Department operation to maintain high standards.
- To maintain high visibility with employees and guests;
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the team member in the department;
- Monitor staffing levels to meet cover business demands;
- Manage Team Members performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures;
- Monitor the appearance, standards, and performance of the department Team Members with an emphasis on training and teamwork;
- Develop Manager/Supervisor/Team Members by delegating tasks and then empower and coach them;
- Allocate work duties to Manager/Supervisor/Team Members;
- Conduct monthly communication meetings and produce minutes;
- Attend training and meetings when required;
- Maintain a high morale and productivity as well as good communication within the department as well as between other departments;
- Set departmental objectives, work schedules, budgets, policies, and procedures;
- To prepare the departmental budget that correctly reflects the hotel’s business plan;
- Develops a food and beverage operating strategy that is aligned with the brands goals;
- Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how Food and Beverage is performing against budget;
- Makes recommendations for CAPEX funding of food and beverage equipment and renovations in accordance with brand business strategy;
- Works with food and beverage leadership team to determine areas of concern and develops strategies to improve the department’s financial performance;
- Establishes challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance;
- Develops and manages food and beverage annual budget;
- Monitors the department’s actual and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded and opportunities are identified and capitalized;
- Ensures cash control and liquor control policies are in place and are followed by all related employees;
- Focuses on maintaining profit margins without compromising guest or employee satisfaction;
- Participates actively at executive and revenue management meetings;
- Assists in the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel's business plan, which includes the annual operating budget, marketing and strategic business plan;
- Ensure the development and accuracy of monthly, quarterly and annual financial outlooks for the food & beverage department;
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of food & beverage capital projects;
- Is accountable for the monthly food and beverage costs, as well profitability of the department together with the Executive Chef;
- Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
- Identifies opportunities to increase profits and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change;
- Maintain a sound financial business mind-set, effective decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity, leads by example and always looks for self-improvements;
- To maintain correct procedures for hotel accounting, credit control and handling of financial transactions, and supply inventory;
- To ensure maximum cost effective working environment, including manning productivity without effecting service delivery;
- Handle equipment, tools, keys and supplies in proper way, kept in good working condition and regularly inspected, ensure the team does the same;
- Report maintenance deficiencies and items in need of repair and follow up to make it done
- Report hazard issues and follow up to make it done
- Stays aware of market trends and introduces new food and beverage products to meet or exceed customer expectations, generate increased revenue and ensure a competitive position with the surrounding market.
- Sets expectations and holds food and beverage leadership team accountable for demonstrating desired service behaviors;
- Work in partnership with other departments to ensure guest’s needs are determined;
- Evaluate levels of guest satisfaction and monitor trends, with a focus on continuous improvement;
- To liaise with external contractors, business partners (if any) to ensure service and quality;
- Handle guest inquiries, requests and resolves guest complaints using MIR (Make It Right);
- Ensure an exceptional level of customer service delivery at all times by providing personal assistance to the guests with a professional, pleasant and positive manner at all times;
- Be proactive and observant in service to identify guest needs before being asked;
- Ensure the standards of cleanliness and orderliness of all working areas;
- Conducts internal audits and property defined programs including Rev Max, Menu engineering and F&B Quarterly audits;
- Carry out lost and found procedures;
- Manage master keys in his/her possession;
- Be environmentally aware;
- Carry out any other reasonable task set by the Hotel's Management.
What are we looking for?
An F&B Operation Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- 4-6 years of related experience
- 4 years of management or supervisory experience
- Knowledge of departmental and hotel operations
- Knowledge of computers and training techniques
- Good communication skills, fluent in Vietnamese
- Ability to read, write, and speak English language to communicate effectively
- Ability to exercise judgment in evaluating situations and in making sound decisions
- Knowledge of various computer programs, such as Word and Excel
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- Methodical and well organized
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational, planning and analytic skills
- Excellent attention to details
- A passion for delivering exceptional levels of Guest service
- Positive attitude
- Excellent grooming standards
- Ability to work with ownership as well within a team
- Flexible, reliable, accountable and resilient
- A passion for being on a winning team
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to travel for business (if required)
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- A degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Familiar with Property Management Systems; Opera system
- Fluency in other languages, Chinese, Korean, Japanese are preferable
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Food and Beverage
Title: Food and Beverage Operations Manager
Requisition ID: HOT04RBM