IHG Executive Sous Chef (550050) in Da Nang, Vietnam
Assumes the duties and responsibilities of the Executive Chef in his
Assists the Chef in the management of the day to day operation of the
Food Production and Stewarding sections and informs the Executive Chef of major
decisions taken in his/her absence
Controls and analyzes, on an on-going basis, the level of the following:
Issuing of food
Quality and presentation of food and beverage products
Condition and cleanliness of facilities and equipment
· Assists the Executive Chef in developing training plans, develops
training material in accordance with IHC guidelines and implements training
plans for the Food Production employees and other Food and Beverage employees
· Assists the Executive Chef in developing and maintaining up-dated
operations manuals for all Food Production and Stewarding sections
· Assists the Executive Chef in developing popular menus offering guests
value for money in accordance with IHG guidelines
· Assists the Executive Chef in planning and organizing successful Food
and Beverage activities
· Conducts daily briefings and other meetings as needed to obtain optimal
Attends and participates to other meetings as required by the
· Assists the Executive Chef in making recipes and maintaining up-dated
and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage
· Assists the Executive Chef in setting Food Production and Stewarding
goals and developing strategies, procedures and policies
· Assists the Executive Chef in determining the minimum and maximum stocks
of all food, material and equipment
· Assists the Executive Chef in setting standards of all food and
equipment purchases in accordance with IHG guidelines
Participates in the preparation of the hotel's revenue plan and
· Monitors local competitors and compare their operation with the hotel
Food and Beverage operation
· Keeps aware of trends, systems, practices and equipment in food and
beverage through trade literature, hotel show and site visits
Works with Executive Chef in manpower planning and management needs
Works with Executive Chef in the preparation and management of the
Perform any other duties which may be assigned by the management from
time to time.
· Spend time in culinary areas observing employee-guest/ employee-
internal customer interaction, working through Heads of Department to coach
employees as necessary.
· Handle all guest and internal customer complain and inquiries in a
courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure the problems are
· Maintain positive guest and colleague interaction with good working
· Assists in the preparation of the
Annual Business Plan for Food and Beverage.
· Assists in monthly reforecast, involving the respective Heads of
Department as appropriate.
· Assists in proactively managing costs based on key performance
indicators, working through the respective Heads of Department as appropriate.
· Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and
regulations relating to financial record keeping, money handling and licensing
are adhered to.
· Assists in the inventory management and ongoing maintenance of hotel
operating equipment and other assets.
· Assists with the input and oversight of product specifications, recipes
and other data as required, supporting the smooth operation of Materials
Management and Cost Audit functions.
· Ensures that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented,
and that optional brand standards have been implemented where appropriate.
· Monitors all operations, especially during peak business periods,
working through the respective Head of Department to make adjustments where
· Works closely with the Stewarding Manager to ensure that hygiene
standards are maintained and that operating equipment is cared for to maximise
its useful life and to minimise breakage.
· Oversees the quality and variety of food and beverages served in the
Employee Restaurant, ensuing that this outlet is operated to the same standard
as any other outlet.
· Oversees and assists in the recruitment and selection of all Food and
Beverage employees. Ensures that
Kitchen managerial employees follow hotel guidelines when recruiting and use a
competency-based approach to selecting their employees.
· Oversees the punctuality and appearance of all Food and Beverage
employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high
standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and
department’s grooming standards.
· Maximises the effectiveness of Heads of Department by developing each of
their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or
· Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned
Required Skills –
ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects
highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler
card as required by local government agency.
solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
or Vocational Certificate in Culinary Skills or related field.
years experience as a chef or an equivalent combination of education and
Job: Food & Beverage
Location: Vietnam-Da Nang
Requisition ID: 01866