General Electric Lean & Brilliant Factory Leader in Hai Phong, Vietnam
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Hiring manager is responsible to report to his/her direct manager, HR department and GE legal consult in the event that his/ her family members or friends apply for a job at his/her department.GE Company encourage GE Employees to introduce talents to GE. However, self-interviewing or self-recruiting their family members or closed friends to become his/her direct reporters are not allowed in order to avoid any conflict of interest risks for both of GE Employee and introduced talents.
The Lean & Brilliant Factory Leader will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
As a Lean leader, your main role & responsibilities are:
• Lean strategy planning: Work in close cooperation with manufacturing department to define and implement Lean manufacturing processes. Drive strategy execution and improvement results, link Lean initiatives closely to plant KPIs pursuing operation excellence.
• Lean people development: provide leadership, coaching and training in leading manufacturing department culture change that is inherent in Lean transformations. Define Lean people development plan.
• Lean activities and events – Plan Lean activity and event to support key Lean initiatives and promote Lean culture
• Lean project implementation: Identify continuous improvement opportunities which covered productivity, quality, safety, utilization, inventory, lead time, etc., focus on end-to-end improvement, facilitate manufacturing engineer/supervisor/operator to build up, implement and follow up Lean projects to hit the target by Lean methodologies.
• Advanced manufacturing technology application: closely follow brilliant factory trend, familiar industry 4.0 and Internet of Thing application, collaborate Lean and digital, using automation/manufacturing system driving breakthrough on waste reduction
As a Brilliant factory leader, your main role & responsibilities are:
• Define the Brilliant Factory strategy for the plant; Align strategy with key stakeholders (Renewable HQ Brilliant Factory Team, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Logistics)
• Prioritize, direct and track progress on the Brilliant Factory activities at the plant
• Establish and manage the budget for Brilliant Factory programs at the plant
• Work closely with other plants in Renewables and the broader GE community to share best practices and communicate challenges and successes; Manage the local Brilliant Factory communication plan
• Provide ongoing progress updates to site leadership and employees, Renewables Headquarters and GE corporate Leadership teams
• Drive development of key IT solutions, advanced manufacturing, digital and mobile technology in the plant
• Mentor plant leadership on the Brilliant Factory mindset
• Lead Local Brilliant Factory tours for GE leadership, customers and community leaders
Other tasks assigned by Business Leader
• Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, Operations, IT or related Engineering fields
• 2+ years hands on experience using Lean and Six Sigma tools: 3P, 7 WAYS, SMED, TPS, Process Capacity, etc.
• Strong communicational and influential skills to oversee, direct and motivate project team, and other functional personnel as needed.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
• Significant shop floor experience (understand the day-to-day realities of a plant)
• Passion for and experience with emerging technology
• Ability and willingness to travel infrequently as required
• Additional leadership experience in the areas of Operations, Manufacturing, or Quality/Lean-
• Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt certification is a preference
• Executive level presentation skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Experience leading a technology development/integration
• Experience leading a Lean manufacturing transformation
• Experience defining, implementing and using shop floor IT tools
• Significant experience in the Renewable Energy industry
Locations: Viet Nam; Hai Phong
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.